Thursday, March 19, 2015

My Favorite Church song

My son always asks me to sing my favorite church song to him every night.  My favorite Church song is "A Child's Prayer" by Janice Kapp Perry. It melts my heart every time we sing it together.  Those loving words coming out of my 3 year old's sweet little mouth are one of my favorite parts of the day.  The first verse is sang by a child asking/talking to their heavenly father.  And the second verse is an adult version answering the child's questions.  If you haven't heard of this song the lyrics are below.

  1. 1. Heavenly Father, are you really there?
    And do you hear and answer ev'ry child's prayer?
    Some say that heaven is far away,
    But I feel it close around me as I pray.
    Heavenly Father, I remember now
    Something that Jesus told disciples long ago:
    "Suffer the children to come to me."
    Father, in prayer I'm coming now to thee.
    1. 2. Pray, he is there;
      Speak, he is list'ning.
      You are his child;
      His love now surrounds you.
      He hears your prayer;
      He loves the children.
      Of such is the kingdom, the kingdom of heav'n.
Lets take a look at the song and how it can comfort anyone who is going through a hard time. You call up to your Father In Heaven because you feel alone and are pray for his comfort and love.  Then you're comforted knowing he is there and he is listening and answering your prayers doing what is best for you.  Even if it isn't exactly how you want your prayers answered, he knows whats best and is guiding you in the direction you need to be.

Every time I go through a trial this song pops in my head.  Every time I'm going through emotional pain and I feel so alone this song is always a huge comfort to me. And during those hard times when I'm in the shower, I seem to belt it out!  (Seriously sing it at the top of my lungs and I love every second of it.) The lyrics in this song are just so comforting to me.  What I am loving right now is
how my son is learning the words and how beautiful it sounds to me when he sings it.  And I love how he is starting to love and enjoy the song as much as I do.  I only hope that teaching him this song he can find comfort in it when he is older like I have.

What is your song that inspires/comforts you during your hard times.  Leave me a comment below because I would love to know what songs help others.

No comments:

Post a Comment