Thursday, November 27, 2014

I'm Still Thankful

This weekend was a pretty rough weekend.  Our Marriage isn't perfect and we hit a rough patch.  And the thought kept crossing my mind "Why keep putting up with this."  Those who know Cole know what an amazing man he is.  You meet him and instantly become friends.  He is friendly, funny and nice. He is an extremely hard worker.  An AMAZING father (i'm serious he is so good with our kids.)  But his drinking problem will always be there.  An addiction never goes away.

I still love him very much.  I haven't given up on him yet and I don't plan to give up unless I have too. Call me crazy but I know I was suppose to marry him.  And even though we have brought each other pain.  We have given each other so much love and wonderful memories.  I'm terrified one day we will both finally give up and it will be over.  (Trust me I don't want this any time soon and I'm in for the long haul. I still have a lot of fight left in me.)

I learned a very valuable lesson this weekend.  When Cole and I were having our hard time, I just fell on my knees and prayed for help and strength.  But the thing that surprised me was what I thanked my Father in Heaven for.  I thanked him for the usual; my husband, my boys, for food and shelter and all my many other blessings.  But I also thanked him for this hard trial I am going through.  I thanked him for having faith in me to deal with such a hard task.  I thanked him for this hard time because I knew it would make me stronger.

I have never thought to thank him for my trials.  I hate trials...who does?!  But He knows what an amazing person I am and that I will learn and grow from this.  I love how much he trusts and loves me and he will help me through this.

I am thankful for My Boys.

I am thankful for my Husband.

I am thankful for my family members and how they are always there for me.

I am thankful for the Gospel.

I am thankful that I am a stay at home mom/ Small business owner where I can work from home.

I am thankful for my many friends and what an impact they have been on my lives.

I am thankful for the things I take for grantide every day such as shelter/food/water/etc.

I AM THANKFUL FOR MY TRIALS.  They have made me the woman I am today.


What are you thankful for?

2 comments: