Thursday, December 18, 2014

Our Good Times

I feel like I have been posting about some pretty deep stuff.  And I'm going to be completely honest... I've been having a hard month.  With that being said I'm going to post something happy.  I want to point out things that I treasure doing with my husband.

Lets be honest after a few years of marriage, a few kids, Jobs and etc your marriage isn't the same. But over the last year Cole and I have come up with some things that we really enjoy doing, to have some bonding time.


1. Our Night:  I'm sure you have seen online all the millions of blogs about how smart phones, tablets and other forms of technology are interfering in marriages.  One night while I was laying in bed next to Cole I realized we were not talking and just staring at our phones.  I thought to myself "Oh great we are totally one of those problem couples mentioned in those posts."  So the next day I came to Cole with an idea.  (No I wasn't going to make a rule of no phones once we go to bed.  I think having a rule like that is crazy.  I still have friends, family, clients that sometimes text at weird hours.) I came to Cole asking if he liked the Idea of having a night where we tried to not have electronics and just talked, played a game or whatever else we wanted.  He agreed that was a good idea and we settled on doing it every Tuesday.  Now due to trips, job schedules and other things we have missed a few.  But I really enjoy this time together.  We usually end up laughing and glad we spent that time together.

2. The Question Game:  So my clever husband thought of this game when we were first dating.  He was stationed in another state prior to his deployment and he wanted to get to know me better.  So he started asking random questions.   Eventually we turned it into a game and took turns coming up with questions for each other.  We probably asked a million different "What's your favorite..." questions.  And it was fun and challenging to think of unique questions.  We still play this game every once in a while.  Luckily for me, my husband has a horrible memory and forgets a lot of things.  So going over the same questions every once in a while is fine.  Plus you change over the years.  It's not like pizza can be your favorite food for your whole life.  We are currently playing this game now where we take turns every other night and one of us thinks of a question right before we go to bed.  And we take a turn answering that question.  I look forward to this every night right now.

3. TV Shows:  We have a list of TV shows that we love to watch together.  We loves SOA, Parks and Rec, Orange is the new Black, Walking Dead and so forth.  It's nice having someone who is watching the same shows with you and you are able to vent and laugh at some of the moments on the shows.  Now lately with my husbands work schedule I have been horrible and skipped ahead of him on a few of these shows.  Writing this blog is reminding me to be a little more patient ;)

There are other things that we enjoy doing together but those 3 are my top favorite.  I'm lucky that my husband is OCD and an amazing cook.  I enjoy the days when we help each other out with meals.  Or when we tag team cleaning the house.  I enjoying family outings, going on walks,  Dates and so many more things.

I think finding what you and your spouse enjoy doing together are pretty important.  Make a list and try to make these things a reoccurring event to have that special bonding moments.  Or come up with some new traditions.  Cole and I had a date a few nights ago where we made up new identities.  We drove separate and ended up at the same restaurant and pretended we didn't know each other.  We kind of started over and had a fun first date again.  Later when we got home we gave each other pointers on what to not do again on a first date since it has been a while for both of us.  I hope to repeat this fun date idea in the future.  Thank you Modern Family for the fun Idea.  We enjoyed it.

Tell me some of your fun bonding times with your husband.  I would love to know.  (Lets just keep the X rated stuff to ourselves though) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment