Thursday, December 25, 2014

My Christmas Gift

I will make this post short and sweet because I believe the most important part about Christmas is spending time with your loved ones. I have been stressing for the last week what to blog about.  Usually I talk about things or thoughts going on at the time or in the past.  But with it being Christmas today I wanted to do something different.

I finally came up with something new.......  I want to give a gift.

For the last month I have been a founder for a private group on Facebook.  The Facebook group is for those who are affected by alcohol abuse.  This mainly is for those who are family members or spouses of Alcoholics.  

For so many years I had felt alone not really feeling safe about who I would share my fears or thoughts when my husband abused alcohol.   My sister finally encouraged me to make my own Facebook group because she hadn't heard of a support group for just the spouses or family members of alcoholics.  She knew of support groups for other addictions and how helpful they were.  

So I started this support group for a few weeks.  Oh my gosh it is awesome!  It is so nice to be able to talk to other spouses/family members and be able to share your emotions, thoughts, and feeling and they totally get what you are going through.  It is bittersweet knowing others who deal with the same battles you do.  I wish they didn't have these problems but it is so nice to know your not the only one.  I have loved hearing their stories and getting to know everyone in the group.  Such amazing and strong people!  All of us feeling safe to vent and in return being shown love and encouragement in our struggles.  

So my gift to you is I want you to feel more than welcome to join.  If you have someone very significant to you who has an alcohol addiction reach out to me.  I would love to add you to our group.  It is a safe place to be honest and go to for encouragement and love when you feel most alone.  

Send me a personal email to keesh711@hotmail.com and tell me your name and address to add you to the group.  I would also love to hear a little bit about you to welcome you to the group.

I hope all of you have a Merry Christmas and you are able to enjoy this wonderful time with your families.

No comments:

Post a Comment