Thursday, April 9, 2015

Now

I didn't write a post last week due to the fact that I just needed a break. Life has been crazy with the move and other things that have been going on lately. I just needed to take a break from the blog.  I couldn't have chosen a crazier time in my life to start this blog. But I 100% do not regret starting it because he has been great for me. (I apologize if you were looking forward to post, but the break was exactly what I needed at this time.) 

Now don't worry, I'm happy and right now things are great.  I'm not to the point where I feel 100 percent complete. But I'm slowly getting there, There's a lot I /we still need to work on. I'm sure there'll be a lot of bumpy roads in the near future but also know there will be a lot of smooth roads as well.

With this break I focused a lot of time with my family this last week. I was reminded how much I love my little ones and my husband. And I was able to soak up some pretty happy moments with each of them.  

I saw the pure joy of happiness in my 3 year olds face in an intense game of Jenga.  He refused to lose but insisted I helped him find the lose pieces.  And I adored the smile on his face every time we pulled out a block.  And I finally gave in and made it fall so he could win. I fully enjoyed his sequels of Celebration for winning the game. 

I enjoyed the moment I taught my precious one year old how to blow kisses and how his eyes light up every time he hears the word kiss and he starts blowing kisses.  He is aching to learn more and I'm currently trying to teach him how to high five and fist bump.

And I have enjoyed the moments of cuddling on the couch watching shows with Cole.  What I didn't realize till finally being together again, is how much I missed the mornings with him.  I love how he would wake up to get ready for work, come lay a blanket over me and give me a kiss and tell me he loved me before he went to work. Such a simple things, but something I appreciate he does.  

These are such simple moments but ones that I will cherish forever. During these times I realized I need to remember that during those precious moments I'm where I need to be. I need to sit back and  breathe and enjoy them.  This week has opened up my eyes that I need to be more patient.  I'm still relearning that I need to of course take care of my family.   But sometimes I get so caught up in it I forget to take time for myself. And getting overwhelmed I lose patience for my family. I have heard from many that I am very selfless and very caring and giving.  But sometimes it can be a curse instead of a gift  because I wear myself out.  I have yet to learn a perfect balance.  But no one is perfect and I'll probably never learn.  I just need to realize when things get crazy I need to stop, relax and figure out what is most important and remember to take time to take care of myself. 


No comments:

Post a Comment