Thursday, June 11, 2015

Today

Today I sat down during my break and started devouring my delicious salad from a cafe down the street from me. Half way through eating it, my favorite song popped on the radio. I am in love with the song "fight song" by Rachel Platten. Immediately I stopped eating and listening to the lyrics. I felt overwhelmed during that moment to pray. My  last year has been from Hell. I bowed my head and started giving thanks for my food. But then I started pouring out more thanks. Thanks for my amazing vacation I just had, for my amazingly supportive family, for my beautiful boys, for my AMAZING job and so much more.

But then I paused...

I thanked the lord for my husband. I thanked the lord for this hard time. I told him I didn't like it and that it has made me soooo sad. But I'm grateful for the knowledge I have learned and will be learning.

I find it crazy that I had to pray right then and there to thank the lord for my life. But I don't regret it! I especially think I'm crazy for being grateful for my challenges I have been going through. But when I dig deep down I know it has caused me a tremendous amount of pain. But I have also gained a lot from my experiences. And I would rather be where I am now then where I was when I was trusting and naive.

Today is a good day. Today the sun is shining. Today I have had a great day at work. Today I have talked to loved ones
Today...I am happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment